Wednesday, December 9, 2009

LVMS Duel in the Desert Thursday

The last race of the year for us was the 3 day Duel in the desert at the Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
This year was a lot of fun, My Mom and Dad made it out Thursday and Friday to help and watch But Tim and I were on our own Saturday night.
For some reason the last three or four years has seen me changing engines on Thursday night. Last year a bad distributor had us changing engines trying to find a crazy mis fire in the engine, this year my engine started rapping during hot laps.
I ran one of the later hot lap sessions this year, and after two laps the engine started making (a bad) noise so a quickly pulled in. Right away I got my Dad started on pulling the engine out, and I headed home to get our old faithful engine and Cherry Picker. By the time I got back my Dad was just about ready to yank the engine and we got the other ready to bolt in. Unfortunately, I was in the 9th heat ( supposed to start 3rd) but we didn't get done until about the 11th heat hit the track.
I lined up 22nd in the B main and was able to pass a few cars and wound up 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment